New Church Development is looking for effective leaders who:
- Have a strong sense of calling, deeply established prayer habits, and keen understanding that church planting is a "God thing."
- Have a VISIONIZING capacity – who can persuasively sell a vision that does not limit God
- Have apostolic zeal and a passion for evangelism. They have a demonstrated history of building relationships in the community and leading these friends to Christ and into church life.
- Comprehend the culture and can assess needs, adapting philosophy to the character of the community.
- Have a coachable and adaptable spirit. They take initative, and contiually strive for personal and professional growth and development. They are very persistent and deal well with frequent and abrupt change.
- Have a peace, along with their spouse and family, about the ministry of church development and have embraced the sacrifices entailed.
- Are willing to raise funds and sacrifice for the sake of the kingdom, risking whatever to bring people into a relationship with Jesus.
- Are catalytic innovators. This relates to the “entrepreneurial gene” typically found in good planters.
- Are deeply committed to The United Methodist Church.
- Are willing to engage in the discernment process to explore and assess their calling in new church development as outlined here.